NOTE: Do not apply for this job on our website: Click on Apply for Job and it will take you to an external website to apply.
AFL SportsReady currently has an exciting position available for someone wanting to pursue a career in the AFL industry. As the successful applicant, you will:
- Be employed by AFL SportsReady
- Work on-site with AFL Queensland – Brisbane North (Moreton Bay Office)
- Study for an accredited qualification: Certificate III Sport and Recreation
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK WITH US?
Our traineeships are the best way to fast-track your career. We will provide you with the real skills and experience needed to succeed when first starting your career.
As the successful applicant, you will:
- GET PAID: Earn while you learn (National Training Wage)
- GET EXPERIENCE: Real work-place experience with AFL Queensland
- GET NETWORKED: Build a network of key industry contacts
- GET EDUCATED: Combine work with education and study for a fully funded qualification
- GET SUPPORTED: Dedicated AFL SportsReady staff members (Field Officers and Educators) will support you every step of the way
- GET INTO UNI: Direct entry and course credit to one of our University partners (Conditions apply, visit University partners for details)
If you are an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, you will also receive one-on-one mentoring support and networking opportunities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the delivery of all AFL Queensland programs and services – AFL Auskick Clinics, Schools Programs and Community Football
- Promote and market all AFL Queensland programs
- Maintain AFL Queensland database systems
- General maintenance of equipment and facilities
- Communicate verbally and written to stakeholders
- General administrative support
- Good communication skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Commitment to the delivery of quality programs
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Capacity to problem-solve
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Current Drivers Licence and reliable vehicle
Please note, this position requires a Working with Children Check.
As the successful candidate, you will receive:
- National Training Wage Award + 9.5% Superannuation
- Fully funded qualification
People with tertiary qualifications need not apply. Current university applicants may have to defer their studies to be eligible for this traineeship.
Position is best suited to a recent secondary school leaver
Applications for this position will close: Wednesday, 20 November 2019, 5PM and must include:
- A cover letter telling us a bit about yourself and your career ambitions.
- A resume / CV
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.